Waiters and waitresses work hard, so it makes sense to maximise your income by minimising your tax! Have a look through some of these tips and see if you can save more on tax today!
Tools and development tax deductions for waiters
- Work related clothing is deductable if you need to purchase a company uniform or if you do your own laundry. Unfortunately the plain black trousers and white shirt that your boss makes you wear is not tax deductible as the ATO thinks you may want to wear that outside of work!
- Courses and education you pay for that have direct relation to your work are all tax deductible. This includes your RSA.
Other tax deductions for waiters
- Donations to registered charity organisations of $2 or more are all tax deductible. It pays to help others!
- Accounting fees are tax deductible - even getting your tax back with GYTBO is tax deductible! If you come and see us onsite, you can claim the travel to see us.
- Remember private health insurance and income protection insurance
Maximise your tax refund with GYTBO
The team at GYTBO are confident in helping you get the largest tax return possible, giving you the most for your hard work. There's nothing to lose when lodging your tax through GYTBO. Sign up today and your tax could be on it's way in under 15 minutes!