Security guards spend their working lives helping others feel secure. It's a smart move to ensure your hard earned income is secured against uneccessary expenses, including paying more tax then you have to! Use the tips below to maximise your tax return at the end of the financial year, or simply call on GYTBO to do you tax with their maximum refund guarantee!
Tools and transportation tax deductions for security guards
- Your motor vehicle expenses are tax deductible if you need to travel between sites or if you use it to pick up supplies.
- Work related clothing is tax deductible if you need to purchase a company uniform, protective wear or if you do your own laundry. Unfortunately your Nike trainers aren't tax deductible unless you work for Nike!
- All tools you use for work, including that last minute torch from the convenience store, is claimable. Be sure to keep your receipts for every purchase!
- If you use your phone to make and take calls, you are entitled to claim the percentage you use for work.
Other tax deductions for security guards
- Union fees and educational courses you pay for with direct relation to your work are tax deductible.
- Donations of $2 or more to registered charity organisations are all tax deductible.
- Accounting fees, including getting your tax through GYTBO, are tax deductible. In fact, you can even claim the travel incurred if you come and see us onsite!
Maximise your tax refund with GYTBO
The team at GYTBO guarantee providing you the largest tax return possible, giving you the most for your hard work. There's nothing to lose! You can get your tax back while sitting in the comfort of your own home! Sign up today and your tax could be on it's way in under 15 minutes!