Salespersons should incorporate the following tips to maximise their tax refund each year.
Transportation tax deductions for salespersons
- If you need to travel for work, your motor vehicle or public transport expenses are claimable. Note that travelling between home and work is not tax deductible.
- Work related travel that you pay for to conferences, training and courses can all be claimed. Including any accommodation and sometimes meals.
Tools and education tax deductions for salespersons
- All courses and education you pay for in direct relation to your work are tax deductible.
- Expenses involving self education are tax deductible too.
- Your laptop and phone, if used for work, can be included in your tax deductions
Other tax deductions for salespersons
- You can claim $0.34 for every hour you work from home preparing that next big pitch.
- Work related clothing is deductible if you need to purchase a company uniform, protective wear or if you do your own laundry.
- Unfortunately, that Cue dress or Hugo Boss suit are not tax deductible - but those Gucci sunglasses you use when driving to a client's site or for sun protection whilst working is totally tax deductible!
- All donations $2 and more to registered charity organisations are all tax deductible. It definitely pays to help others!
- Why do your accounting yourself when all accounting fees are tax deductible? Getting the best tax refund possible through GYTBO is tax deductible! As is the travel you incur to meet us at one of our onsite locations!
- Remember private health insurance and income protection are also tax deductible!
Maximise your tax refund with GYTBO
The team at GYTBO are confident in helping you get the largest tax return possible, giving you the most for your hard work. There's nothing to lose when lodging your tax through GYTBO. Sign up today and your tax could be on it's way in under 15 minutes!