There are many available tax deductions for office workers in Australia. Have a look through some of the available deductions below and maximise your tax refund today!
Transportation tax deductions for office workers
- Motor vehicle and transportation expenses are tax deductible if you need to travel between sites for work. Travelling from your home to the office is not tax deductible - even for ATO employees!
- Work related travel that you pay for to conferences, training or courses can also be claimed. This includes the cost of accommodation and sometimes meals that you pay for.
Tools and Development tax deductions for office workers
- Work related clothing is tax deductible if you need to purchase a company uniform, protective wear or if you do your own laundry. That Cue dress or Hugo suit are not tax deductible as the ATO reckons you could wear that out on the town!
- Your laptop and phone can have at least part of their value and running costs claimed as a tax deduction if you use them for work.
- If, like many office workers, you work from home, you can claim $0.34 for every hour.
- Courses and education you pay for that have a direct relation to your work are all tax deductible.
Other tax deductions for office workers
- Donations - if like many you have helped people all year round, this is when it will help you! Donations to a registered charity organisation that are over $2 are tax deductible.
- Accounting fees, including getting your tax back with GYTBO, are tax deductible. In fact, you can even claim the travel to come and see us at one of our sites!
- Remember that private health insurance and income protection are tax deductible too.
Maximise your tax refund with GYTBO
The team at GYTBO guarantee providing you the largest tax return possible, giving you the most for your hard work. There's nothing to lose! You can get your tax back while sitting in the comfort of your own home! Sign up today and your tax could be on it's way in under 15 minutes!