Nurses and other health professionals have the opportunity to incorporate the following tips in their business or work to maximise their tax refund. Look through the tax deductions available for nurses and health professionals below today and make the most of your hard earned income.
Transportation tax deductions for nurses
- You can claim expenses for your motor vehicle if you need to travel between work locations.
- Other work related travel expenses that you pay for are also claimable, such as travel expenses related to PD days, conferences and training. Accommodation and sometimes meal costs can be claimed during such events.
Clothing and professional development tax deductions for nurses
- Work related clothing is tax deductible. For example, you may need to purchase your own uniform or you do your own laundry.
- Even if you are not a student nurse, courses and education as well as related expenses you pay for are tax deductible.
- Union or association fees are tax deductible.
Other tax deductions for nurses
- If you ever work from home, you can claim the costs for your home office, including phone calls and your laptop.
- Donations you have made all year round to registered charity organisations are tax deductible.
- Accounting fees are tax deductible. In fact, lodging your tax with GYTBO is 100% tax deductible and, if you travel to one of our sites, you can claim the costs of travel too!
- Private health insurance and income protection are all tax deductible too
Maximise your tax refund with GYTBO
The team at GYTBO are confident in helping you get the largest tax return possible, giving you the most for your hard work. There's nothing to lose when lodging your tax through GYTBO. Sign up today and your tax could be on it's way in under 15 minutes!