Are you in the cleaning trade and looking to make the most out of your hard work? From window cleaners to janitors, having a look at these tips can help you maximise your tax refund.
Tools and transportation tax deductions for cleaners
- If you travel between sites or to acquire supplies and materials, you can claim expenses related to your motor vehicle or transport.
- Work related clothing is also tax deductible if you need to purchase a company uniform, protective wear or if you do your own laundry. Plain, general clothes are not tax deductible as they aren't strictly classified as workwear.
- Every tool you buy for work, even those last minute gloves from Woolworths, are all tax deductible. Remember to claim it all - that stuff adds up!
- If, like most, you have to make and take phone calls on your mobile, you are entitled to claim the percentage you use your mobile phone for work.
Other tax deductions for cleaners
- Union fees and educational courses directly related to your work are all tax deductible.
- All donations of $2 or more made to a registered charity organisation are tax deductible.
- Accounting fees are all tax deductible - including getting your tax refund with GYTBO! In fact, if you come and visit us onsite, you can claim your travel incurred!
Maximise your tax refund with GYTBO
The team at GYTBO are confident in helping you get the largest tax return possible, giving you the most for your hard work. There's nothing to lose when lodging your tax through GYTBO. Sign up today and your tax could be on it's way in under 15 minutes!