It makes sense to maximise your income by minimising your tax! Below are a few common deductions child care workers should use to maximise their tax return.

Education and transportation tax deductions for child care workers

  • Transportation expenses or the running of your motor vehicle becomes tax deductible if you travel between locations or to drop off and pick up children.
  • Work related travel that you pay for, such as to and from training, can also be claimed, including accommodation and sometimes meals.
  • Courses and education you pay for and undertake because of your work are tax deductible.
  • Union and association fees are tax deductible.
tax deductions for child care workers

Other tax deductions for child care workers

  • Work related clothing is tax deductible if you need to purchase a uniform or if you do your own laundry.
  • If you ever work from home using your laptop and mobile, these and their running costs can be claimed, at least in part.
  • Donations to registered charity organisations that are $2 or more are all tax deductible.
  • Accounting fees, including getting your tax back through GYTBO, are tax deductible. In fact, you can even claim the travel incurred when you come to see us onsite!
  • Private health insurance and income protection insurance are also tax deductible.

Maximise your tax refund with GYTBO

The team at GYTBO are confident in helping you get the largest tax return possible, giving you the most for your hard work. There's nothing to lose when lodging your tax through GYTBO. Sign up today and your tax could be on it's way in under 15 minutes!

Get Your Tax Back Now!